The overseas Awards division of The Federal Scholarship Board processes and implements scholarship Awards received from and granted to countries with which Nigeria has bilateral educational agreements. These include countries of Africa, Asia and the Caribbean.
The BEA award Division of the Federal Scholarship Board (FSB) handles scholarship awards offered to Nigeria by those countries that signed Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) with Nigeria. Nigeria on the other hand also offers scholarship to some of these countries.
BEA scholarship awards are for both undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) studies in different fields. The studies are undertaken in the official language of the Awarding Country. Successful candidates must undergo a one year mandatory language course in the host country before the commencement of the main course of study.
Natural Sciences, Technology, Engineering, Information Technology, Medicine and its other related courses, Environmental Science Geology, Agriculture, Petroleum related courses, Social Sciences, Law, International Relations, Languages, Management Courses, Research, e.t.c
- University degree with a minimum of Second Class Honours Upper Division
- Not more than 35 years of age for Masters an 40 years for PhD at the time of taking up the award.
- NYSC or Exemption certificate
- Academic Transcript
- Candidate must possess A or B grades in at least five relevant subjects including English and Mathematics.
- Candidate must be between 18-22 years old
- WAEC/NECO (May/June) Certificates obtained at one seating and must not be more than 2 years old at the time of taking up the Award.
- The Board advertises in the national dailies for any available award.
- Application forms are available online at the following website: www.fsb.gov.ng wjich can be filled online or downloaded after advertisement.
- Duly completed forms are to be submitted at the interview venues
Algeria (UG), China(PG), Cuba(UG &PG), Egypt(UG), Greece(UG & PG), Hungary (PG & UG) Japan (UG & PG), Macedonia(UG), Mexico(PG),Morocco(UG), Romania(UG), Russia(UG & PG), Serbia(UG & PG), Tunisia(UG), Turkey (UG &. PG), Ukraine (UG), South- Korea (PG), etc
Candidates applying for Undergraduate or postgraduate BEA Scholarship are to attach photocopies of the following to their application forms:-
- WAEC or NECO Certificate for UGs and Degree Certificates ( L" Degree and/or Masters Degree) for postgraduate (PG) applicants
- Birth Certificate (National Population Commission)
- Certificate of State of origin/Local Government
- Four (4) coloured passport size photographs on a white background,
- Original Medical Certificates will be required after nomination has been made with Chest x-rav result, HIV / AIDS, Hepatitis Band Tuberculosis Tests from a Teaching Hospital, General Hospital, National Hospital or any Hospital as designated by the Awarding Countr.
- Police Clearance certificate is optional till nomination has been made.
- Data page of current International Passport (optional) till nomination has been made.
- PG applicants are to include :-
i. Academic Transcript
ii. Research proposal/Plan
iii. Letter of appointment if employed
iv. Confirmation of appointment, and
v. Willingness of employer to release applicant if successful.
- To qualify for nomination and award, applicants must appear for the interview
- Nomination interviews are conducted in Feb/March each year by the Federal Scholarship Board and Secretaries of States Scholarship Boards at designated canters in each of the six Geopolitical Zones of the country.